Data Restore virus is yet another representative of fake system defragmenters. It is the same as Data Repair. The day you see it on your computer would be indeed the day of turmoil, mess and horror for your computer. You, beyond any doubt, would not even recognize it. Instead of common features of your desktop you would see just the blank or black background. If you want to click any icons located on it you won’t find them. Similarly you will not be able to detect any programs in the Start menu. In addition, the majority of files and folders of your PC would also be hidden and non-viewable. What is the cause of all such problems? No doubt, this is all the job of Data Restore scam.
When Data Restore malware is brought inside of your computer it would immediately modify your computer settings in such a manner that it will be launched together with every Windows startup. Who knows how exactly Data Restore penetrates inside. We have just had a conversation with one of our users through remove access facilities and he said that in spite of several top anti-viruses installed on his machine Data Restore still managed to penetrate inside of it somehow. So, obviously there is something really serious with Data Restore virus program if it is designed in such a manner that even the well-known anti-virus programs cannot cope with it. Nevertheless, we do not state that such well-known anti-virus programs are bad or ineffective. It could just be that their databases are not yet updated to fight against Data Restore rogue.
The purpose of this post is to primarily warn you not to purchase Data Restore program, cause this is eventually what Data Restore would suggest you. When Data Restore virus is successfully installed onto user’s machine it would commence its fake system scan which would report plenty of problems and errors, such as inability to access the requested files, reports about HDD being full of corrupted, etc. Then Data Restore immediately would offer you to purchase its so-called full version. However, it will not help you to fix your computer. It only strives for money, so if you buy Data Restore virus you will just lose part of your hard earned funds. Probably after you buy it Data Restore might disappear but the problems caused by it would still remain. What you need to do is, first of all, to get rid of Data Restore scam. Go to Google and search for some reliable anti-virus program to remove it. Luckily, Data Restore does not block your Internet access, so you may download the anti-virus program of your choice. In order to restore your missing files and folders we recommend you to watch the video guide aimed to help you to fix your file and folder system. If you have any problems or difficulties please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We look forward to your reply.
Fake information presented by Data Restore malware:
- Hard drive rotational speed decreased by 20%
- Drive C initializing error
- Disk drive C:\ is unreadable
- System files are damaged. System is unstable.
- GPU RAM temperature is critically high. Urgent RAM memory optimization is required to prevent system failure
- The problem may cause errors while loading your operation system
- RAM memory speed decreased significantly and may cause a system failure
- Hard drive does not correspond to system requests
- Damaged hard drive clusters detected. Private data is at risk. Restore is required
- C:\System32\drivers is damaged. This problem may cause a system failure
- Hard drive rotational speed exceeds system limits and may cause a system failure
- Boot sector of the hard drive is damaged
- Hard drive space less than technical limits
- RAM Memory temperature is 83
The following fake error messages normally popup in the right-bottom part of user’s desktop. No doubt, they all should also be disregarded by you.
- Critical Error! HDD clusters are partly damaged. Segment load failure
- Critical Error! Windows OS can’t detect a free hard disk space. HDD error
- Critical Error! Damaged hard drive clusters detected. Private data is at risk.
- Critical Error! Hard Drive not found. Missing hard drive.
- Critical Error! RAM memory usage is critically high. RAM memory failure.
- Critical Error! Windows can't find hard disk space. Hard drive error
- Critical Error! Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \System32\496A8300. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware.
- Critical Error! A critical error has occurred while indexing data stored on hard drive. System restart required.
- System Restore The system has been restored after a critical error. Data integrity and hard drive integrity verification required.
- Activation Reminder Data Restore Activation Advanced module activation required to fix detected errors and performance issues. Please purchase Advanced Module license to activate this software and enable all features.
- Low Disk Space You are running very low disk space on Local Disk (C:).
- Windows - No Disk Exception Processing Message 0x0000013
Data Restore automatic removal milestones:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer and run full scan with it.
- Download Kaspersky TDSS Killer from this link http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280684
- Download and run GridinSoft Unhider and GridinSoft Restore tools.
GridinSoft Unhider download link: www.trojan-killer.net/download/unhider.exe
GridinSoft Restore download link: www.trojan-killer.net/download/restore.exe
Data Restore manual removal:Delete Data Restore files:
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Data Restore\
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Data Restore\Data Restore.lnk
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Data Restore\Uninstall Data Restore.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\Data Restore.lnk
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Use FormSuggest" = 'Yes'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "CertificateRevocation" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnonBadCertRecving" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop "NoChangingWallPaper" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes" =
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments "SaveZoneInformation" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer "NoDesktop" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ".exe"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ""
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "DisableTaskMgr" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download "CheckExeSignatures" = 'no'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "Hidden" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "ShowSuperHidden" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\LastVisitedMRU "MRUList"