The computers located in Italy are being today attacked with the ransomware virus that says the following:
Guardia di Finanza
È stata rivelata un'attività illegale. Il sistema operativo è stata bloccata per una violenza delle leggi della Repubblica Italiana!
This malware is the same as Metropolitan Police, Votre ordinateur a été bloqué pour violation de la loi Française and Activité illicite demelee viruses. Depending on the countries of attack these malwares change their name, however, the nature of their behavior remains the same. They have the intention of stealing funds from unwary users. This stealth is done the following manner. The virus hijacks the entire computer (blocks it) and then accuses you of performing many evil deeds, such as watching illegal content via the Internet and spreading it with all possible means, including spreading spam. Surely, such accusations are false and you haven’t done anything like that, have you? Well, nevertheless, the malware tells you that in order to unlock your PC you need to pay the ransom price by sending the special Ukash voucher code to the address email@example.com This is how the malware developers aim to get richer. They simply elaborated this ransomware to rip off as many users as they can. The worst thing is when users follow the instructions of the crooks who developed this scam. And there is no guarantee that sending this Ukash voucher code would unblock the computer. Summarizing the above-mentioned information, you are dealing with the virus program that must be removed by all means, as soon as possible. Please be so kind to follow our virus removal instructions to delete this virus.
Automatic removal solution (recommended):
- Go to your friend, relative or anybody else who has computer with Internet connection.
- Take your USB flash drive / Memory Stick with you.
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer installation file from this site http://trojan-killer.net/download.php and save it to your USB flash drive / Memory Stick.
- Get back to your infected PC and insert the USB Drive / Memory Stick into the respective USB slot.
- Perform hard reset (press reset button on your computer) if your infected PC has been on with Activité illicite demelee virus background. If not, then simply turn your PC on.
- Before the very boot process begins keep repeatedly hitting “F8” button on your keyboard.
- In the window that appeared select “Safe mode with command prompt” option and press Enter.
- Choose your operating system and user account which was infected with Activité illicite demelee virus.
- In the cmd.exe window type “explorer” and press “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- Select “My Computer” and choose your USB flash drive / Memory Stick.
- Run the installation file of GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Install the program and run scan with it. (update of the program will not work for “Safe mode with command prompt” option)
- When the hijackers are successfully disabled (fixed) by GridinSoft Trojan Killer you may close GridinSoft Trojan Killer application.
- In the cmd.exe window type “shutdown /r /t 0” and press “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- Upon system reboot your PC will be unlocked and you will be able to use it just as before the infection took pace.
- However, it is recommended that you now update GridinSoft Trojan Killer and run the scan with it again to remove the source of the infections causing Activité illicite demelee virus to infect your PC.
Automatic removal video:
Activité illicite demelee manual removal milestones (optional and might not be effective):
- Restart your system into "Safe Mode with Command Prompt". While the PC is booting press the "F8 key" continuously, which should present the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as presented in the image below. Apply the arrow keys in order to move to "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and hit Enter key of your keyboard. Login as the same user you were previously logged in under the normal Windows mode.
- Once Windows boots successfully, the Windows command prompt would appear as described at the screenshot below. At the command prompt, type-in the word "explorer", and press Enter. Windows Explorer should open. Please do not yet close it. You can minimize it for a while.
- Afterwards open the Registry editor by applying the same Windows command prompt. Type-in the word "regedit" and hit Enter button of your keyboard. The Registry Editor should open.
- Find the following registry entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\In the right-side panel select the registry entry named Shell. Right click on this registry key and select "Modify" option. Its default value should be "Explorer.exe". However, Activité illicite demelee virus did its job, and so after you click "Modify" you would see totally different value of this registry entry.
- Copy the location of the modified value of the above-mentioned registry entry to the piece of paper or memorize its location. It shows where exactly the main executable of Activité illicite demeleevirus is located.
- Modify the value of the registry entry back to "explorer.exe" and save the settings of the Registry Editor.
- Go to the location indicated in the value of modified registry entry. Remove the malicous file. Use the file location you copied into the piece of paper or otherwise noted in step in previous step. In our case, Activité illicite demelee virus file was located and running from the Desktop. There was a file called "contacts.exe", but it may have different (random) name.
- Get back to "Normal Mode". In order to reboot your PC, when at the command prompt, type-in the following phrase "shutdown /r /t 0" (without the quotation marks) and hit Enter button.
- The virus should be gone. However, in order to clean your PC from other possible virus threats and malware remnants, make sure to download and run GridinSoft Trojan Killer downloadable through the button below.
You know how it normally looks like, don't you? Well, here is the screenshot of it:
Manual removal video:
Associated virus files to be removed:
Associated virus registry entries to be removed:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\"Shell" = "[random].exe"